RE: Can I Get A Passport Withou Mydadbirthcertificate?

Vernet Bien-aime says...

If you are born in the Bahamas you are not granted automatic Bahamian citizenship.

You have to apply for citizenship prior to your 19th birthday(good luck).

YOu can however obtain a haitian passport by requesting the application and providing the required documents, as long as you can prove that you are Haitian (mother) you should be fine. I've gone through the same situation.

haitianconsulate.org

This is a reply to Msg 563
Posted by Vernet Bien-aime on February 1 2011 at 3:40 PM

REPLY to message OR...

Start a NEW Topic

Messages in this topic

11 - 20 of 34 « First  ‹ Prev  1 2 3 4  Next ›  Last »
If you are born in the Bahamas you are not granted automatic Bahamian citizenship. You have to apply for citizenship... > >
Vernet Bien-aime, 1-Feb-11 3:40 pm
what do i need to do to get a passport for an adopted child? > >
Penny, 25-Jan-11 5:43 pm
Hey, I'm in boston and my passport is expire since last year. Now i need tto renew it but i don't have my birth... > >
Barbara J., 30-Nov-10 12:29 pm
Where do I go to obtain a Haitian passport? > >
Rosie, 12-Mar-10 12:40 pm
well you have to leave in Haiti for 7 yrs to become a Haitian Citizen and then you can get a haitian passport.. now i... > >
Rza, 17-Feb-10 9:16 am
was they a reason, why you got denied.. specially if you have all the correct document. what was missing from your... > >
Rza, 17-Feb-10 8:50 am
Impossible because u was not born there, unless you beocme a Haitian citizen.. that is the only way.. > >
Rza, 17-Feb-10 8:44 am
are you a U.S citizen or a Haitian Citizen... U.S citizen you get your passport renew at the Post Office and it... > >
Rza, 17-Feb-10 8:37 am
you need your old passport and birth certificate that is all and the money to pay for it.. > >
Rza, 17-Feb-10 8:19 am
i am not an Immigration officer... but if you were born in the Bahamas that mean you are a Bahamian therefore you dont... > >
Rza, 17-Feb-10 8:16 am
11 - 20 of 34 « First  ‹ Prev  1 2 3 4  Next ›  Last »