Abaka Bay Resort Haiti - Traveler Reviews

Haiti Hotel Reviews - February 9 2009, 4:07 PM

Abaka Bay Resort Hotel Haiti is located right on the beach on the island of Ile a Vache, Haiti.

With sugar fine sand, crystal clear waters and no automobiles Abaka Bay Resort is an exquisite paradise.

Very exclusive and secluded, we pay attention to the smallest of details! Abaka Bay Resort truly is the lost pearl of the Antilles.

The views and accommodations are unparalleled including many amenities.

Renowned for our cuisine, the 3 buffet meals at Abaka Bay Resort will please the pickiest eaters.

Here is what one person said about Abaka Bay Resort Hotel in Haiti:

"This place could have been considered the best getaway place you can find in Haiti.

it is a secluded island, it has one of the best beaches I' ve seen, and....

well, that's about it. After 3 days/2 nights, what I remember most is the food that was far below expectations, and the hefty bill I got at the end of the stay.

Instead of a buffet, what we got (lunch and dinner) was simply a 3 course meal cooked for a large number of people.

Not more than 3 or 4 dishes (meat or fish, salad, veggies, and something like grilled macaroni to accompany), and the portions were restricted! Not what you expect to find on an island resort.

They definitely need to hire a better cook so they can vary their menu, and stock up on seafood, especially since there's a fishermen village nearby.

The rooms were nice by Haiti standards: large bed, a/c, fan. You need to be fit because of they are at the top of a long staircase.

From the top you have a great view of the ocean, which is nice to look at when you wake up in the morning.

Besides a walk around the island, there were no activities.

Except for the night before our departure, there was some music and dance.

I think the owners could improve things by organizing tours inside the island (that fishermen's village for example).

Last but not least, the boat ride to and from the island can be of concern to some people.

The boat was a bit too small in my opinion, and due to the fact that the waters can get quite rough quickly, they should invest in something larger.

Charging us separately for the boat ride was not very cool either, even if you consider the high price of fuel. If there's a charge, it should be included in the cost of the room, period.

To conclude, if you want some place to escape from everything, go there.

If you simply want to enjoy a nice stay at the beach, there are many other places that offer the same, much cheaper."

Have you ever been to Abaka Bay Resort Hotel in Haiti?

Post your Abaka Bay Resort Hotel Review here

Subject:

Hotels in Haiti

Have you ever been inside a Haiti Hotel? When you go to Haiti do you stay in a Hotel? If so please tell us which Haiti...

REPLY to this message

Return to Message List