Simpson St. Fort - March 10 2010, 10:54 AM

AMERICAN AIRLINES Ticket price $447.00
MARCH 19TH: PAP - MIAMI,
RETURN APRIL 19TH: MIAMI - PAP

AIR FRANCE Ticket price $ 233.31
MARCH 19TH :PAP- MIAMI,
RETURN APRIL 19TH :MIAMI - PAP

Why such a big difference for the same date and route!!! SOoooo NOT RIGHT

IS American TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR THE TIME THEY DID NOT TRAVEL TO HAITI BECAUSE OF THE HEARTHQUAKE.

AMERICAN MONOPOLY AND FARE ABUSE NEED TO STOP!!! BOYCOTT American Airline Il faut le faire, avez vous le Courage.

ALERTE!!!

Dénonçons ces voleurs!!! AA Someting Sleazy in The Air. Yes I Agree Totally.

My fellow Haitians, its Time we stop letting Corporate Companies that do business in Haiti stop exploiting us. We Should Boycott American Airlines immediately, We can do it tomorrow.

I too just arrived in NYC from Haiti via traveling to the Dominican Republic.

Its a shame that American Airlines is allowed to have a Monopoly for so many years in Haiti which is one of their biggest profit hubs in the Caribbean.

We should start supporting other Airline Companies that want to make Haiti one their destination points.

American Airlines has lobbied the Haitian authorities not to allow other Airlines to go and/or provide service to Haiti with their competitive service.

AMERICAN AIRLINES MUST STOP THEIR WICKED PRACTICES IN HAITI.

THE SERVICE SUCKS, THEIR EMPLOYEES IN PORT-AU-PRINCE ARE THE MOST ARROGANT AND DISRESPECTFUL SET OF PEOPLE THAT I'VE EVER COME ACROSS.

SOME OF THEM ARE PREJUDICE AGAINST THEIR FELLOW HAITIANS.

HOW MUCH MORE WILL WE ALLOW FROM THEM. THEY CANNOT DO THESE PRACTICES IN OTHER COUNTRIES, SO WHY SHOULD WE ALLOW THEM TO DO TO US. AFTER ALL WE ARE PAYING FOR NON QUALITY SERVICE.

LETS NOT SELL OUT OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS, STOP THE MONOPOLY.

ITS ILLEGAL.

AFTER ALL, ITS JUST A BUS IN THE AIR. WE HAVE MANY OTHER CHOICES.

Haitians: It is really a disgrace, but as soon as they give a better deal instead of ignoring American Airline and suporting other companys, you all are going to give them back your little money, because there flight schedule is better than the others and sudden amnesia of the bad service in wich they specialize.

I say: "Bravo American." Always remember " SOT KI BAY IMBECILE KI PA PRAN " Have a nice day Cecile.

Quelle honte..

ne nous laissons plus abuser...

Le tiket de AMERICAN: $800 US!!! Des voleurs profitant de nos malheurs pour s'enrichir

Prière de faire suivre a vos amis et connaissances pour dénoncer ce scandale.

Air France a repris en faisant un promotion sur tous les vols au depart et vers Haiti: haiti.

Il faut absolument dénoncer ces voleurs qui profitent du malheur des autres.

Quelle moralite!!!!!!!.

C'est honteux.

I personally witnessed the same treatment to the victims of the quake.

Only 4 days after the tragedy, I was able to get a decent rate from JET BLUE. They even treated us with kindness.

American Airlines policy toward Haiti is a disgrace.

American Airlines has not flown to Haiti since the earthquake, but that does not mean that the company has not benefited handsomely from our tragedy.

"AMERICAN AIRLINE" with a solid reputation of bad service to Haiti is now engaged in price gouging, taking advantage of passengers who make it to the Dominican Republic, so they can fly to Miami.

Our brother, Dr Fritz Allen, an Ophthalmologist from Washington DC, spent the week helping patients in Haiti.

He was scheduled to fly a charter from Port-au-prince to Miami on Sunday to resume his practice in Washington the next day. Given the heavy traffic at the airport, the departure of personnel was low on the list of priorities and he could not be guaranteed a seat, until early next week. Those who went to help in Haiti understood that, contingency plans would be on their own dime, and our brother did. His plan is now to cross the border to Santo Domingo this afternoon and catch a flight to Miami tomorrow.

This morning, when he called American, he was offered a seat for $800 one way to Miami.

He made sure the agent knew that he was in Haiti to help and tried to get a better fare since he was in a special situation.

"No dice", he was told. It's the fee since he did not book in advance.

He had no choice but to purchase the ticket.

The only consolation in this sordid affair is that the passenger in question is not a victim of the earthquake, but instead went to help. Imagine that he was a victim and had lost his house, business etc...

In this case, I will not give American Airlines the benefit of the doubt.They must know that they are flying passengers coming from Haiti, and their callous behavior is to be strenuously condemned.

I think American Airlines should change its slogan from "Something special in the air" to "Something sleazy in the air".

Shame on them for taking advantage of a tragedy!

Joseph A. Allen DDS, Miami

REPLY to this message

Return to Message List