Oloffson Hotel Haiti - Traveler Reviews

Haiti Hotel Reviews - February 9 2009, 3:17 PM

Oloffson Hotel Haiti is located in Ave Christophe #60, Port au Prince, Haiti.

A destination unto itself, the Hotel Oloffson provides lodging near the center of Port au Prince, Haiti.

Amenities include: wireless internet, swimming pool, a famous bar where the house band RAM plays most Thursday nights, a fine restaurant featuring local and international cuisine, gift shop, a lush tropical garden replete with fruit trees and Vodou sculptures, laundry service, 24-hour security, a friendly staff who can assist you in finding reliable drivers and guides.

Here is what one person said about Oloffson Hotel in Haiti:

"I went to the Oloffson on Thursday so I could take in the voudou rhythm of RAM. I stayed with friends in the Graham Greene suite which was big enough for a large family.

There was a large verranda with wicker like furniture and the room had a small area to entertain friends.

Even though the hotel is in the city of Port au Prince, it is an island of its own surrounded by tropical trees and plants.

Make sure you have your continental breakfast which is served down near the kitchen.

The older waiters made my party feel as though we were hollywood elite.

Don't expect the fastest service from the kitchen crew, but the food is good once it gets to your table.

The rooms are decorated with voudou paintings and art and definitely was a welcome retreat even for someone who has lived in Haiti over the past 20 years.

Richard and his wife Lunise are very welcoming hosts and treat you as they would treat Jonathan Demme or their other Hollywood guest.

When you visit make sure you meet some of the hotel guests as they are quite interesting people.

I will stay at the Oloffson upon my arrival and departure from Haiti each time I go."

Have you ever been to Oloffson Hotel in Haiti?

Post your Oloffson Hotel Review here

Subject:

Hotels in Haiti

Have you ever been inside a Haiti Hotel? When you go to Haiti do you stay in a Hotel? If so please tell us which Haiti...

REPLY to this message

Return to Message List